Senior Scholarships that WILL have at least one winner from Pope!!
These are listed in order of deadline.
Visit the COUNSELING WEBSITE for complete listing of scholarships.
Kate Belle Jones Memorial Scholarship THERE WILL BE A POPE WINNER! DEADLINE EXTENDED
We are proud to announce that the Kate Belle Jones Memorial Scholarship is taking applications. Please see the attached flyer for complete details. This scholarship was established for a student who shows determination in their academic and community endeavors, but is not academically based. We will be awarding two 1000 dollar scholarships this year to graduating seniors who are former students of Tritt Elementary School. We are excited to honor the memory of Kate Belle with this scholarship and are looking forward to receiving applications.
East Cobb Lions Club Memorial Scholarship THERE WILL BE A POPE WINNER!
This scholarship fund was created to honor the dedication and years of service to the community by East Cobb Lions members who are no longer with us. Scholarships of up to $1000 each will be awarded to graduating high school senior(s) from among the East Cobb High Schools. These scholarships are a higher education award for service to school and community. The scholarships may be used only at Georgia schools (NO out of state) and will be paid directly to the school. There will be a Pope student that will receive this scholarship!
--SERVICE: (70%) -school/extracurricular activities (30%); community service (30%); service honors and awards (10%)
--APPLICANT’S PERSONAL STATEMENT: (20%) -500-word essay about importance of service
--TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: (10%)
Return application to Ms. Sawyer by email (email@example.com) or drop off in Pope Counseling Office by Tuesday, March 29, 2022.
Timber Ridge PTA Widener-Bega Scholarship THERE WILL BE A POPE WINNER!
The Widener-Bega scholarship was created by Timber Ridge PTA President Beth Bega and Timber Ridge Principal Mary Kay Widener to honor Timber Ridge graduates who excelled throughout their school careers by serving as role models of the Timber Ridge values of Learning, Caring and Sharing. These is a merit scholarship and is not based on financial need. All funds are made payable directly to the students’ colleges and not to them personally.
For 2022, the scholarship award is a one-time grant of $500.
Up to three scholarships will be awarded to Timber Ridge graduates: one to an expected graduate of Pope, one to an expected graduate of Walton, and one to a special education student from Pope or Walton. Students who live in the Pope or Walton districts but attend a Cobb County magnet, charter, or private high school are also eligible.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
The applications are submitted to the TRE Grants and Scholarships committee for evaluation after all personally identifiable information has been removed from the applications.
Please complete the application form and submit it with the following:
· Cover page with ONLY the following information: your high school, planned major, and GPA
· Your resume or curriculum vitae
· An autobiographical essay
· A copy of the high school transcript
· One to two letters of recommendation from a teacher or someone in the community or place of employment who can speak to your community involvement and character.
Application, resume, essay, transcript and letters of recommendation must be emailed to the TRE Grants and Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org and received by April 1, 2022 to be considered.
Each applicant must indicate on their application the college to which they have been accepted and/or plan to attend. Community involvement is also a requirement and should be noted on the Resume. It is important to consider all aspects of each applicant’s character, and not just academic accomplishments. The applicants must be well rounded and represent all elements of the Timber Ridge motto of Learning, Caring, Sharing. See below for application.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Grants and Scholarship Committee at email@example.com
Application Deadline: (must be received at the email address above) April 1, 2022
Margie Hatfield Scholarship THERE WILL BE A POPE WINNER!
Sponsored by the East Cobb County Council of PTAs
The East Cobb County Council of PTA's (ECCC PTA) created the Margie Hatfield Scholarship Fund in order to honor the dedication and years of service given by Mrs. Hatfield to the youth of our Council PTA. It is with this service in mind that the ECCC PTA sponsors the scholarship program to help deserving youth in their educational journey.
The Margie Hatfield Scholarship Fund awards six (6) separate $1,000 scholarships; one student from each of the ECCC PTA high schools will be chosen.
The following is a list of criteria used in screening applicants:
• Service-oriented projects, community involvement, and extra-curricular activities (30 points)
• Leadership, honors, and awards (20 points)
• Essay (25 points)
• References (10 points)
• Grade point average (10 points)
• Following instructions (5 points)
Important facts to know:
• Any graduating high school senior from the six ECCC PTA schools enrolling in a full-time course of study at any institute of higher learning may apply. This includes 4 or 2 year college or trade school.
• The funds must be used for continuing education.
• The applicant must be a member of their school’s PTSA.
• Include one personal reference (not related to you) and one reference from your school
• Completed applications should be completed no later than MARCH 18, 2022 AT 11:59 P.M.
• Winners will be notified mid-April and will be honored at the April 28, 2022 General Membership Meeting of the East Cobb County Council PTA.
• There is no limit to the number of students from each school that may apply.
Please contact ECCC PTA Scholarship Chair Michelle Rafael at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Application Deadline is: 3/18/2022
2022 Cobb Schools Foundation Senior Scholarship THERE WILL BE TWO POPE WINNERS!
The Cobb Schools Foundation Scholarship will be presented to graduating seniors throughout our 16 high schools in the Cobb County School District. Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded. The application window will be from January 1, 2022 and the deadline is April 15, 2022.
Completed Applications must include the following:
1. High School Transcript – Upload your most current high school transcript. Must include first semester grades of your senior year.
2. Two Letters of Recommendation - A letter from a teacher, counselor, employer, church, or community service organization where applicant has been involved. Letters can be emailed directly to CobbFoundationScholarships@cobbk12.org Please request that student last name be added in subject line.
3. 1 Page Resume – Outlining your extracurricular activities, community service, work experience and leadership roles.
4. Essay– Typed essay, no more than 500 words, based on ONE of the following statements:
o What was a turning point for you during your educational experience that provided an understanding of your personal goals and objectives?
o Describe a leadership opportunity that you were able to accept during your high school years, that gave you insight into becoming a leader.
o Describe a relationship (teacher, administrator, coach, etc...) that you developed at school that was pivotal in shaping your approach to personal results and outcomes.
5. Final applicants will be invited to participate in an interview process.
Application Deadline: must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm on April 15, 2022
The Pope PTSA Community Service Scholarship THERE WILL BE FIVE POPE WINNERS!
Attention Seniors! The PTSA Community Service Scholarship Application is now available! Each scholarship is worth $1,000 and we will have TEN winners this year!
Please remember you must be a member of the Pope HS PTSA to be considered. If you have not already joined, it’s not too late! Sign up HERE. Membership is only $10, but you must join by APRIL 20 to be considered for the scholarship. Not sure if you’re a member? Contact Cathy Talley (email@example.com).
The application is all on-line this year. Click HERE to start the application.
As part of your application, you must submit TWO recommendations from teachers, coaches, mentors, etc. (NOT relatives). Share this link with your recommenders so they can submit their recommendations electronically (RECOMMENDATION).
All applications and recommendations must be electronically submitted by Friday, April 29, 2022!
Winners will be notified by the middle of May.
If you have any questions, please contact the PTSA Scholarship Chair, Cathy Talley, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline (including recommendations) : electronically submitted by Friday, April 29, 2022